LATELY — 26 February 2000
What My Wallet Has Inside It
Everything’s gone to hell and I’ve been boring lately, so here’s the contents of my wallet:
- One Monash University Identity Card, with bad photo.
- One American Express Card, linked to my parents’.
- One photocopy card, unsigned.
- One Telstra “Smart” Phonecard. Bears cartoon drawing of bunny rabbit. I don’t think this has any more calls left on it.
- One Commonwealth Bank Keycard.
- One International Student Identity Card, with old photo. I don’t know why this is here, I don’t need it anymore.
- One “Driver Licence”, number 51968326.
- One 3RRR subscriber card. 3RRR is a public radio station.
- One card, green, indicating that I am a member of the Monash Co-Operative Bookshop. This item is in poor condition; it is made of cardboard and is slightly larger than a standard credit card.
- One “Monash Fitness Gym” membership card, expired.
- One Community Chest card: “You have won second prize in a beauty contest. Collect $10.”
- $2.95 in coins–1 x $2, 3 x $0.20, 2 x $0.10, 3 x $0.05. [I heard this line on “Duckman” last night as I was flipping by: “When I was a kid, it took five quarters to make a dollar.”]
- One $10 note.
- One $1 note. This one is a US dollar.
- One receipt from Coles Supermarket. I bought “O/M DRINK 2L” and “1960 MILK DY”. These two items came to $3.93, I paid $5.00 cash and received $1.05 in change. (Australia has no one or two cent coins; rounding was involved.)
- One receipt from Borders Books and Music. I bought a “PERIODICAL”–Colors Magazine–which cost $10.00.
- One receipt from the Monash Sports Centre. I paid $55.00 for a three month gym membership.
- One receipt from Monash University. I paid a library fine of $35.30.
- One slip of paper with the number (202) 328-2000 written on it, in my handwriting. I don’t remember anything about this. Is 202 the area code for Washington D.C.?