13 November 2000
Nosferatu in Love, Jim Shepard, p. 63 (a card made at a printer’s, handed out by Allmenröder and Murnau when cornered–they are WWI pilots):
Do not ask us anything about flying.
You will find the usual queries answered below:
1. Yes, we are part of a pursuit squadron.
2. Sometimes it’s dangerous, sometimes it’s not.
3. The higher we fly, the colder it is.
4. We notice that by freezing when it’s colder.
5. Flying height, 2000-7000 meters.
6. Yes, we can see things at that height, though not so well.
7. We can’t see through a telescope because it shakes.
8. Yes, we’ve dropped bombs.
9. Yes, we’ve downed enemy aircraft.
10. Yes, we’ve see the loss of many friends.
If I had one:
Do ask us anything about this website.
We do not mind. We are seldom asked.
For your convenience, you will find the usual queries answered below:
1. We have had a website for a long time.
2. Almost certainly longer than you.
3. Sometimes it’s dangerous, sometimes it’s not.
4. It depends on whether we have a paper due.
6. We take photographs with a Lomo.
7. They look that way because the camera is flawed, it being Russian.
8. No, we’ve not dropped bombs.
9. Yes, we believe most sites are indulgent.
10. Yes, we’ve seen the loss of many websites.\