The Indulgent Kate Bush
27 February 2006
I bought Kate Bush’s Aerial yesterday, and it’s, ooh, about the most indulgent album I’ve ever bought.
- It’s a double album.
- The discs have names: the first is A Sea of Honey and the second is A Sky of Honey.
- The second disc has both a “Prelude” and a “Prologue.”
- One song consists of her reciting the digits of pi. (Also, the song is called π, not pi.)
- Another ends with bits of whispered, breathless French.
- Another starts with a very softly-spoken sound engineer saying: “Yeess, I need to get that tone a little bit lighter there … maybe with some dark accents coming in from this side. Mmmm, that’s good…”
- The title track has Kate Bush giggling for over a minute, to the sound of birds chirping.
It’s very lush and mostly pretty though.
You might like: King of the Mountain clip, high quality .mov, works on iPod.